Saturday, 9 July 2011

When Inspiration Strikes

"Stung by the Splendor of sudden thought."
– Robert Browning
As many authors will tell you, even when they’re not physically writing, they’re still doing so in their heads and are thinking about plot-lines, characters and searching for that next great story. 
During my trek along the Macmillan Way West, I came across this small caravan in the middle of nowhere by a stream. Immediately ideas began whizzing through my head: who lived there, what happened to them, and why did they live miles from anywhere? Before I knew it I had the concept for a full blown story coming together. If nothing else, it’s a good example of why as a writer it’s a good idea to get away from my desk sometimes. Just remember, you never know where you may find the inspiration for that next great story.
Now where’s my pen?

No comments:

Post a Comment